Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign (Clear Aligners)
Invisalign is an innovative treatment that uses a series of clear, plastic aligner trays to gradually nudge teeth into alignment. Since Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, they provide beautiful results without letting everyone know you are wearing braces.
Since invisalign revolutionised orthodontic treatment decades ago, there have been many copycat brands that have attempted to do the same thing. At North Brisbane Dental Clinic, we've sampled some of these other brands, but years of experience have confirmed that invisalign is the most predictable and reliable clear aligner on the market.
What does the invisalign process involve?
The first thing to do is find out what type of invisalign program is right for you.
1. Visit one of our invisalign providers (Dr Georgia Sheahan, Dr Brodie Hawker or Dr Louise McCallum) for your complimentary consultation. We will examine your teeth, work out what it is you'd like to fix and put together a treatment plan. You will leave your initial consultation with an information pack, detailed quote (including payment plans) and a clear expectation of how long your treamtent will take and what it will involve.
2. Once you confirm you're ready to get started, we will take a series of photos, take a 3D digital scan of your teeth, and order an xray of your jaw. This all takes about 20minutes. Once this is done, you're on your way to a straighter, confident smile!
3. We will contact you once your aligners have arrived. You'll have a 30minute appointment with us to have your first set of aligners fitted, and we'll give you instructions on how to wear them and how to look after them. You'll be given several aligners to get you started. We'll put the dates on each pack of aligners so you know when to change them over.
4. Review appointments. Every 2-3 months, we will want to check on how you're going with your invisalign aligners. You'll come in for a brief exam to touch base with us and we'll issue you the next lot of aligners in your series. Of course, if you have any concerns or questions prior to your routine review, just phone us and we'll see you whenever you need.
5. Once your teeth are straightened and you're happy with how they look, your active treatment phase is over! Now you'll move to your retention phase. Once your teeth are straightened, they will always want to move back to their original position. It's extremely frustrating, but that's what retainers are for. There are a couple of different retainer options and your dentist will go through these with you and work out what type of retainer is best for you. Your retainers will be included in the cost of your original treatment.
How do I get started with invisalign?
It's easy! Phone our friendly front office team on 36328100 to book in your complimentary consultation with Dr Georgia Sheahan, Dr Brodie Hawker or Dr Louise McCallum.
Some benefits of Invisalign include:
- Smooth and comfortable
- Easy to use
- No dietary restrictions
- Convenient daily hygiene
- Discreet – nearly invisible