“One! Two! Three! Everybody say cheese!” There are a few words that people with discoloured teeth dread at every photo session more than these.
Have you ever thought of whitening your teeth? Want your pearly whites to shine even brighter? Well, here's what you need to know about teeth whitening.
Your smile not only says a lot about you, but also plays an important role in the first impression other people get from you. Ensuring that your teeth are white is the key to making the most out of your smile.
Not only is teeth whitening effective, but it can also drastically change your smile and boost your confidence wherever you go.
How Do Teeth Become Discoloured?
Whitening is often desirable once teeth become stained over time for one reason or another. Teeth discolouration can be caused by many reasons including:
1. Extrinsic Discolouration
Extrinsic discolouration is when food, beverages, or smoking habits lead to the eventual staining of your teeth. These stains mostly affect the outside of your teeth.
2. Intrinsic Discolouration
Intrinsic discolouration is from within the tooth.
Teeth whitening should be an important part of your healthcare routine. However minor it may seem, teeth whitening has the capacity to change your life course significantly.
In severe cases, stained and discoloured teeth can cause low self-esteem and affect your relationships and job performance.
What Are The Possible Causes of Teeth Discolouration?
The causes of teeth discoloration are more familiar than we realise. Our day-to-day actions and circumstances put us in the path of discoloured teeth.
- Environmental Surroundings - These are the circumstances beyond our control, such as excessive fluoride in water that can cause teeth discolouration:
- Our Favourite Delicacies - Have discoloured teeth? Overindulgence in your favourite sugary lattes, tea, strong curries, wines, and beer may have something to do with it.
- Tobacco – Tobacco use can be a major cause for teeth discolouration.
- Poor dental hygiene - How often do you brush and floss your teeth? If you're not a fan of dental hygiene, you won't be alone for long, discoloured teeth will be keeping you company sooner than later.
- Advancing age - A lot of things change as we age, some for the better and others, well, not so much in that direction. The outer enamel is one of these things; it may become weaker sometimes even exposing the dentin.
What Does it Mean to Have Discoloured Teeth?
There are some issues that people with discoloured teeth will face every once in a while.
First, discoloured teeth often lead to low self-esteem. Moreover, tooth discolouration may, in severe cases, lead to a sense of embarrassment and psychological distress.
This can lead to negative emotions such as fear, anxiety, and depression that may affect one's ability to participate in society, fulfilling roles, and interaction with other people.
Discoloured teeth? No Problem
Do you feel that your teeth are not as white as they should be? That's not the end of the road. North Brisbane Dental clinic gives you a second chance at having your perfect smile and whitening your teeth.
Tooth whitening gives you a second chance at a whiter smile. Though it may not completely heal your whitened teeth, it goes a long way in making improvements that matter.
Your treatment options may include:
In an in-office whitening treatment, we apply a gel to your gums for protection, and then apply bleach to the affected teeth. It’s expensive price can be a deterrent, but the immediate results make it worth it.
Home Treatment Through Our Dentist
Our dentist may be able to provide you with a custom tray for use when whitening your teeth at home.
The at-home whitening kit is an extremely effective way to whiten your teeth. Best results are achieved if this treatment is started very soon after having your teeth professionally cleaned.
The process is very simple. You visit your dentist for impressions. Your dentist will take a mould of your upper and lower teeth. These are then used to make plaster models of your teeth.
Custom whitening trays that will be fabricated specifically to fit your teeth are made in a laboratory.
Then, simply visit your dentist again to collect your whitening kit, which includes your custom trays, whitening gel and plaster models.
Why Are White Healthy Teeth Important?
Most people may underestimate the importance of healthy teeth. There is more to white teeth than meets the eye.
Here’s how whiter teeth can change your life:
- Stop Feeling Embarrassed About Your Smile. Increase your confidence and self-esteem with a dazzling, new smile meaning you’ll once again look forward to spending time with family and friends and won’t feel the need to avoid group photos.
- Stop Wasting Money On Ineffective Over-The-Counter Alternatives. Our medical-grade whitening process is far superior to anything you’ll find at the supermarket. You’ll know you’ve made the right investment when you choose to have your teeth whitened by a professional.
- Boost Your Career Prospects – Research shows that people who have whiter teeth have a higher chance of being hired in an interview. As a matter of fact, they stand being offered more salary while bad teeth hinder 28% of the millennials in the job search.
The Key Takeaway
An important part of your healthcare routine should be dental hygiene. This is because healthy teeth can change the course of your life significantly.
Is it worth it? This is a question you might have in mind about teeth whitening. Considering the positive outcomes that come with it, yes, teeth whitening is worth your time and money. The costs of teeth whitening vary depending on the mode of delivery you choose.
- Take home whitening kit - $399
- In office whitening treatment - $599
- Combo pack (In office treatment with a mini take home kit) - $699
Some health funds will cover part of this type of treatment. To find out If this applies to you, ask our friendly office staff at your consultation appointment.
Does having white and healthy teeth click with you? Book An Appointment Today, and we will be more than willing to help.